Become a Leader in the Sustainability Movement
Convenient. Customizable. Value Added.
- Executive format: Courses meet on evenings and weekends to accommodate a working professional’s schedule. Move through your graduate program at a self-determined pace.
- Personalized course-work: Whether you follow your professional passion to the business, government, or nonprofit sector the skills you learn here will travel with you and make you an invaluable asset to any organization. Choose to focus in renewable energy, sustainable food, green build, or creation care. Our students come from a wide variety of educational and professional backgrounds which creates a diverse and rich learning environment. All are welcome.
- Ready to use skills: Students benefit from mentorship via academic and professional development planning to guide career preparation. Some even earn new opportunities before graduation by putting their new skills to practice.
- Transformative content: Our alumni speak of a transformative experience in graduate school; turn your passion for sustainability into an impactful career and change your community and our world.
Ask us about potential online options planned for the future!
Graduate-level academic programs
- Master of Science in Sustainability (10 courses)
- Dual MBA/Master of Science in Sustainability (16 courses)
- Certificate of Graduate Studies in Sustainability (5 courses)
Each program begins with core foundation courses that emphasize a comprehensive view of sustainability for people, the planet and prosperity. Lipscomb's sustainability programs equip students for a variety of careers in corporate, small businesses, public policy administration, facility management, construction, green development and renovation, sustainability consulting, entrepreneurship and more.
The institute's faculty come from local, national and international corporations, small businesses, academics, engineering and architectural firms and government. Our graduate students have backgrounds and passions involving many different industries and fields. You can read more about our current students. Prospective students are encouraged to view our frequently asked questions page and our application information page to enter one of the graduate programs.
Contact Rosemary McPherson at email@example.com or 615.966.1771
Begin Class January or March 2018
ICM 5003 Survey of Conflict Management
January 12 & 13 and January 26 & 27
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. — all day classes.
SU 6003 Sustainable Earth Systems
March 6-April 24
Tuesday evenings 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Professor Dodd Galbreath