A sustainable future is up to you.
Enroll in an on-campus or online graduate program and make a difference, today.
As the oldest, comprehensive sustainability program in the south, we prepare the next generation of sustainability leaders who shepherd businesses, organizations and communities toward a future of resiliency. Whatever your academic or professional background, our innovative programs can add unique value to what you offer employers and clients.
As working professionals, we understand that your time is valuable. That’s why we have designed our graduate programs to overcome barriers that keep you from taking the next step in your career.
Choose from one of our three graduate program offerings and enroll in evening and weekend courses to help accommodate your busy schedule. Or take the same course from the convenience of your home through our online program. Each one addresses a broad range of concepts that effectively engage most disciplines and does so through innovative curriculum, qualified faculty, small class sizes, hands-on learning opportunities, networking events and travel opportunities.
We make studying in sustainability easy and relevant:
- Night and weekend classes
- Study online, on-campus or both
- Convenient and rigorous programs
- Connections to new and meaningful career paths
- Opportunities for almost any discipline
- Practitioner and scholar instruction
With a master’s degree you gain skills and resources employers desire to excel in corporate, small businesses, public policy administration, facility management, construction, green development and renovation, sustainability consulting, entrepreneurship and more careers.
Graduate-level academic programs
- Master of Science in Sustainability (online, on campus or both) is the first to be offered in the south and consists of 30 credit hours that can be completed in as little as 16 months. The program features four core courses, three advanced required courses, one sustainability concentration elective, a study abroad course experience and a capstone project.
- Dual MBA/Master of Science in Sustainability allows you to earn two diplomas in two years and is the first sustainable-focused MBA to be offered in Tennessee. The program combines principles of sustainability and business, equipping graduates with the credentials to become leaders within corporate, government and nonprofit sectors. Integrate ecological, social and economic issues into daily business decision-making processes in a triple bottom line.
- Certificate of Graduate Studies in Sustainability (online, on campus or both) is designed for those who seek a short-term educational experience with formal documentation. The program is equivalent to half of our MS degree with 15 credit hours, which may be completed in six to eight months. It features four core sustainability courses, plus an individual capstone project or alternative elective.
Why Nashville, Lipscomb and Tennessee?
- Lipscomb University was among the first in the nation to use ground-sourced heating and cooling system buildings.
- Lipscomb has Tennessee’s first LEED Gold Certified academic building.
- Our alumni helped green Nashville’s skyline with LEED certified buildings.
- Nashville has the new LEED Gold Certified Ascend Amphitheater and Arboretum attracting top musical performers and the LEED Gold Music City Center convention complex with a green roof, water harvesting, and solar energy.
- Hike 190 miles of hiking trails and tour over 80 miles of paved off-street greenways by rollerblading, biking, running, or walking.
- Visit two federal conservation areas: Land Between the Lakes and the Natchez Trace Parkway.
- Connect with the best of nature’s biodiversity at the internationally significant Clinch, Powell, Duck and Conasauga Rivers and the Great Smoky Mountains, among other regional wonders of creation.
- Our state is the home to top green businesses: the $1.6 billion Nissan’s electric car and battery plant and a $1 billion LEED Platinum Volkswagen automobile plant (first in the world).
Contact Rosemary McPherson at email@example.com or 615.966.1771
Begin Class : March 2018
SU 6023 Sustainable Enterprise I
March 6- April 24 ?
Tuesday evenings 5:00 - 9:00pm
Dr. Andy Borchers
SU 6003 Sustainable Earth Systems
March 8 -April 26
Thursday evenings 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Professor Dodd Galbreath