If you have come to this page, you have an interest in furthering your education at the graduate level. I welcome you to Lipscomb University and hope that you'll find the right master's program for you. Chances are, you will. Lipscomb has the second largest graduate enrollment of any private university in Nashville.
Much has changed at the graduate level in recent years. At Lipscomb, you'll find graduate programs have grown significantly as well and now offer you more options, outcomes and flexibility than ever before. You might be surprised to learn that your undergraduate degree can open many new opportunities with a master's in another field, a choice you may not have thought possible. For instance, we helped one recent student take her undergraduate degree in English and her interest in technology and turn that into a master's degree in computing. Whatever your undergraduate focus, whatever your interest now, we can assist you in discovering a new academic—and career—direction.
You'll find some in our graduate programs who have just finished their undergraduate degree and some who are already established in their jobs. At whatever stage you are, you can advance your knowledge and career opportunities with convenient courses at night and on weekends.
At Lipscomb, you'll find class sizes that are small, but they remain big on content. You'll work with faculty who are experts in their fields and hear how they care just as much about your earning a diploma as they do about what you do after earning it. There's also a faith component here, which means that although you won't have the required Bible curriculum that undergraduates have, a faith-based approach to learning and the Christian ethics that come with it are a relevant part of each of our programs.
Look through the pages on our site and discover your next step toward getting the confidence and competence in a career you’ve dreamed about building
Vice Provost, Academic Affairs and Graduate Studies
Professor of Mathematics
Key things to know about Lipscomb’s Graduate Studies
- Second largest graduate enrollment of any private university in Nashville.
- Graduate enrollment increased by 675 percent in the past 10 years.
- U.S. News and World Report has named Lipscomb one of the top up-and-coming master’s universities in the South.
- Lipscomb's College of Education was ranked No. 1 in preparing secondary teachers for the classroom and the No. 15 best value in the nation by the National Council on Teacher Quality.
- The College of Business’ Master of Business Administration program is ranked among the best in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Most graduate programs have an experiential element that creates important mentoring prior to graduation.